Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Halloween Hustle

Sunday, October 26th I ran in the Stonebridge Ranch Halloween Hustle. The race had a 10k and a 5k. I opted for my first 10k! Two friends from church, Aaron Maxwell and Justin Reyes, also ran that morning. Aaron ran in the 5k and Justin ran in the 10k. I felt somewhat guilty about running during church time, until I saw all the medals the FBC McKinney runners brought home! Thanks to Ryan for standing in the cold for over an hour and being supportive yet again!!!


Aaron crossing the finish line
and winning 3rd in his age group for the male 5k runners
(that's his real time)





Justin crossing the finish line and
finishing 1st in his age group for the male 10k runners
and finishing 2nd overall for male 10k runners
(subtract about 5 minutes off that time for his real time,
the 5k runners started 5 minutes before the 10k
runners but we all used the same clock)





Me crossing the finish line (you can barely see me) and finishing
1st in my age group for female 10k runners
and 6th overall for female 10k runners
(again subtract about 5 minutes for my real time)


Me checking out my "gold" medal




Ryan presenting my medal during the medal "ceremony"




Aaron presenting Justin his medal




Justin showing off his medal
"Its all in a day's work!"




Justin presenting Aaron his medal



Aaron modeling his medal




Me, Justin and Aaron-
one last photo before going home to collapse!



4 comments:

Tracy said...

Wow! That's awesome! Congrats on winning 1st place in your age group.

The Genella Family said...

Wow!! Very impressive!! I wish I was a runner!! Congrats--Laura G.

HipShooter said...

Well, aren't you quite the runner now! Way to go!

The Aune Family said...

Way to go!