Thursday, October 16, 2008

State Fair

A few weeks ago, we headed out to the State Fair of Texas. Aside from the traffic and horrendous parking situation, we had a good time.


Big Tex
(whoever posed his hands
and decided those were the right size boots
should be fired)





Kristen and Me
testing out a Lincoln at the car show
(the picture doesn't show you that
there were old ladies waiting on us
to finish playing so that they could really
check out that fine piece of machinery!)





Bumper Cars
(That's Kristen in the blue car t-boning me in the
purple car. Caitlin, David and Neal are
somewhere in traffic.)




David showing off his shooting skills
(Ryan is wheeling and dealing
with the carnival worker in the background.)





David and Caitlin preparing for a ride





Ryan, Danny and Jason
(I'm sure I could make some smart comment
here, but I will refrain.)





Kristen, Jason, Me and Ryan
(waiting on the daredevils-David and Caitlin-to ride
yet another ride!)





Ferris Wheel
(It really is as scary as it looks!)




Jason, Caitlin and David enjoying
the windy ferris wheel ride

Ryan, me and Kristen on the ferris wheel
(Notice I didn't use the word "enjoy"?
That's because I was scared to death!!!)



Me-much happier after I conquered
that thing and was on solid ground!




Fried things consumed/tasted at the fair this year:
1) Funnel Cake-delicious
2) Fried Nutter Butters-more batter than anything else, hard to taste the cookie, but still edible
3) Chicken Fried Bacon-tasted just like its name. Not my favorite, but glad I tried it. I'm not sure you could make a fattier item, unless you smothered this in cheese and served it with ranch dressing.

No comments: