Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Mudbug Madness '08

Over Memorial Day weekend, Ryan and I had the pleasure of taking the Whites back to the promised land (Louisiana!). Those Aggies greeted us bright and early Saturday morning fully embracing the pride and joy of the Bayou State. Even Baby Kate got in on the fun. Check out that little purple bow.



We enjoyed crawfish at the annual Mudbug Madness festival in Shreveport.



We had our picture taken by a rather large drunk woman with a potty mouth.




We witnessed one heck of a mullet on a little boy. Unfortunately, this was the best picture we were able to take. Notice the Wranglers, too.




I spent some quality time with Kate. She even let me fix her hair and modeled it for the camera.


I was able to get a better idea of what having a child is really like. Strollers, carseats, pack-n-plays, sound machines, what seemed like HUNDREDS of bottles, and that stinky diaper that was changed on the side of the road somewhere in east Texas. I guess its all worth it when they give you a face like this:


We came home and got our "baby" from her mini vacation at Rover Resort. I sent her old bed with her to the kennel while we were gone just to see if she would chew it up. It had been months since we had tried this. We found out that she is still not to be trusted with bedding in her kennel. When I picked her up, this is the bed that was waiting on us.


Apparently, she had a good weekend, too. This is just about all she has done since she got home this afternoon:


3 comments:

Tracy said...

Looks like ya'll had fun! I can't wait to see you!

HipShooter said...

Where are the race day pics?

Melissa said...

The pictures and full story are coming...probably tomorrow night. Stay tuned!