Earlier this year I decided to start running. I wasn't able to run a mile when I began. I had a chance to see just how much progress I have made this past Saturday at the 25th annual Susan G Komen Race for the Cure. There were over 13,000 people who either ran or walked this year. Ryan was so supportive! He didn't gripe that we had to leave the house by 7:00am on a Saturday morning. He didn't care that he had to hang out alone while I was running. He was even waiting before the finish line to take pictures of me running. I was actually able to run all 3.1 miles without stopping. My official time was 30 minutes and 19 seconds. I am hoping to beat that time at another 5k on the 4th of July.

Getting ready for the big run

Wow, look at all those people!

Here comes the Olympian now!
(That's me behind the lady in the pink shirt)
3.1 miles later...sweaty!
4 comments:
Congrats on the 5k! Where are the pictures from Ryan coming to visit?
Way to go! I'm so proud of you!
Thanks, y'all!
Ryan coming to visit???? What pictures are you talking about, John?
Good job! Keith, Kinley and I were there too! We only did the 1 mile fun walk though. :)
Post a Comment