Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Trying Out Our Green Thumbs!

Last Saturday morning, Ryan and I got busy working in the yard. We had been inspired by his parents' yard the weekend before. Wonder how long it is going to take before we kill all of this stuff???

Salvia planted in the main flowerbed near the house




Red hibiscus, this picture was taken Saturday.
As of Tuesday afternoon we already had a bloom!



Verbena around the Bradford pear tree



25 squares of sod to fill in our bald spot in the front yard



The finished product!
All of that work and you can't really
see the flowers from the street.
Guess I will know what NOT to plant next year...


2 comments:

The White Family said...

The yard looks beautiful!!

meredith said...

Hey, Melissa. I wanted to invite you and Ryan over this weekend to celebrate memorial day, but Ashley told me you were going out of town. We will have to all get together sometime this summer. Take Care.
Meredith