Monday, September 22, 2008

Since I've Been Gone...

Thanks to some tax deadline, Ryan has been working 60+ hours per week. That plus his 1.5-2 hours commuting each day equals one wife with a lot of time on her hands. So in the past few weeks, this is what I've been up to:


Still running regularly
(Wait, that's not me, that's Jackie Joyner-Kersee.
You get the idea though.)



Learned to play Bunco.
No, I'm not a member of the WBA. Yet.


Learned to knit.
Unfortunately, that's as far as I got on my new winter scarf.
Not too bad for a girl who can't even sew a button on!
Thanks to Andrea and her mom for their time and patience.
(Did anyone else know that Vanna White has her own brand of yarn??)




Taught Shelby how to walk on the Gentle Leader.
Its not pretty, but she is up to running 2 miles with me!
No, that's not Shelby. That's some other dog
modeling the Gentle Leader. Shelby's is red.
It complements her tan skin nicely.


Began helping with the 2nd grade GAs class at church.
Unfortunately, there is no visual aid for this comment.
I wouldn't suggest googling "Girls in Action".
You won't find pictures of 2nd graders learning about Lottie Moon.

2 comments:

Tracy said...

I want to learn how to knit! Unfortunately I do not have that much time on my hands...

Mix and Match Mama said...

I'm so glad you updated your blog!! You just forgot to put on there that you saved Shay from having a starving husband at the hospital. Thanks again!